Excursion to botanical gardens and federation squre

On Monday, 15th of August at 9am I went on a Excursion to botanical gardens and federation square. It took about 45 minutes to get to the botanical gardens we ate our snack. Then we had a some welcome which indigenous Australian did back 200 hundred years ago did to welcome people to their homes then we learnt about indigenous Australian then we so these tree it had beetles living on it and there where beetels with there buts stuck together it was creepy. Then they gave us string that indigenous Australian used we had to twist the string that was fun then some of us went to some of the river where there was a black swan it was beautiful then we went to paint a aboriginal painting made with this rock you had to crush it until it was powder then you mix lots of water into it until sloppy enough then you use your finger or stick to paint with that was cool then we ate our lunch and got to play a little. Then we went on a bus to federation square when we got there a indigenous Australian showed us around we even got to eat this sweet thing from this tree, it tasted like sugar then we saw this other tree which was also a aboriginal plant. Then we went to see the possum fur and kangaroo fur there was even a soccer ball made out of possum fur. Then we got we had to what for the other class to finish then we went on the bus back to school and that’s the end of my Excursion

2 thoughts on “Excursion to botanical gardens and federation squre

1. Hi Saptha,
    I loved my excursion to the Botanical Gardens and Federation Square.
    My favorite part was when we had a welcome and lit a fire at the start of the Botanical Gardens.
    I also liked weaving the string I have even got some left!
    I agree that the bugs were very creepy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Did you like your excursion?
    Keep up the great work!

From Olivia